- I am so thankful for my wonderful husband who always supports me and loves me even during my moments when I'm un-loveable (I don't think that's a word so I'm thankful I have the freedom to make up my own words).
- I'm thankful for my fantastic family who always make me laugh when we are together. I don't think there has ever been a time that we have been together and not laughed.
- I'm thankful to have a job that allows me to support John and I while he finishes school, which leads me to being thankful for John graduating in less than a month!
- I'm thankful for my friends that have encouraged me and been there for me in times of need.
- And most of all I'm thankful that God has Blessed me with these people and the opportunities to love and be loved.
But this Thanksgiving I have a new item to add to my "Thankful List:"
I'm Thankful for Fried Turkey...
This year for Thanksgiving my family decided to fry, not one but TWO turkeys! We've never even fried a turkey before so why not just go ahead and fry up two. Or as we saw it... a back-up in case the first one blew up or something...
Surprisingly, the turkeys turned out pretty tasty. Two was probably a little over kill but so were the 6 dishes of sides and 4 different desserts to feed an army of....oh, you know, 12 people.
(Of course, John and I started getting our turkey ready and making our side dishes at midnight on Thanksgiving day...procrastination at its finest!)
Here's how it turned out...
|Note the precious turkey just chillin on the driveway while the grease gets hot. The only thought that keeps coming to mind is, "You know you're a redneck when..."|
| To the right of John is a basketball goal. We were hoping the first turkey would shoot out of the fryer and go through the hoop...that didn't work out!|