Sunday, November 13, 2011

October Catch Up

So since I've only had this blog for a month and am already behind on my blog posts, that's not a good sign. Here's a catch up of the last two weeks that hopefully I will only have to do once....doubt it. Blogging regularly is probably not a great idea for someone who lives their life in the procrastination lane...

We have had an eventful last couple of weeks. At the end of October, John had knee surgery. That was a fun day for me hanging out at the hospital where I couldn't get Pinterest to work on either my phone or John's, let's just say it was a loooong day of sitting. It was a nightmare, so many hours of pinning wasted!
John ready for surgery.
So then John's family came down that weekend to visit and we took my sweet niece, Sophie, to the zoo.






This monkey pictured above was having issues. The first picture of him is when he realized John's brother, Burt, had a giant pretzel so he came up to the glass and pressed his whole body against the glass. He then sat down and would smash his face against the glass. Sometimes his teeth would show. Of course all the other monkeys were looking at him like "Somebody needs to go get him, he's embarrassing us!" It was hilarious. Best trip to the zoo EVER!! Leave it to the Abilene Zoo to have "special" monkeys.


Then, last week we fostered a lost dachshund that some friends of ours found.  He was so precious but we just couldn't keep him. That would mean we would have 3 dogs. Just having 3 dogs for a week made me feel like an animal hoarder. I just couldn't take him to a shelter though because I have a sweet spot for dachshunds. It was a lot to handle but we finally found a sweet family for "Kudrow" That's what John started calling him because we didn't want to name him so we wouldn't get attached.  I think they ended up naming him Toby. So cute! I did get a little sad when he left, if we had kept him any longer I may have not given him up.

Excuse the pink and white polka dot collar. This dog is a male. He was having identity issues.

That was a lot of randomness but now I feel I can get back to procrastinating. So stayed tuned for November's events in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment