Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Graduation and a 243

Graduation:

John is finally done with School!!!!

What more is there to say? We (especially John) have been waiting for this time to come. For those of you who don't know John, when he transferred to ACU he had two years of basics behind him so really he should have been done in about 2 or 2.5 years. Well, his advisers kept telling him to take classes he didn't need but then all of a sudden there were classes he was supposed to take and so on...so 3.5 years later he finally got to graduate this December! Yay! I'm so proud of him!! The poor guy has been going to school for about 7 years while working because he went to TSTC before CJC. I'm so proud of him for sticking with it and not giving up! I know he is relieved to be done!

Congratulations John! We are all so proud of you!


243:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I hope everyone had a wonderful and happy Christmas! This year we went to Austin to spend Christmas with John's familia. We had a really great time and got to play "Santa" for my niece and nephew. We stayed up late putting their toys together and setting them up under the tree. I have never had an opportunity to be "Santa" before so it was fun! 


....Well you are all probably wondering what the "243" in the title is all about...that's just describing the Christmas present John got me this year.

That's right... I got my very own rifle for Christmas! A Marlin 243 with a scope. And complete with matching bullets, camo coveralls, and camo boots! :)

I never thought I would be so excited to get a gun for Christmas but lately I've been wanting to go hunting with John. We are going to go deer hunting this weekend so stay tuned for that adventure! I was telling my mom how I never thought I would get a gun for Christmas and she said "it just shows you how one person can change everyone's lives" (referring to my brother getting a gun for Xmas as well) which is so true. My family was never outdoorsy until John came into the picture and now we go camping and hunting and everything else. But we wouldn't have it any other way!

My husband is the greatest!!!


Here are some more pictures from John and I's Christmas together:





HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
~from the Stephens

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, John! And look at your cute camo coveralls. Work it, Brooke!! (Seriously, I would look like a hot mess in that, but you look stinking adorable).

    ReplyDelete