Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Happy 12-12

Yesterday was John and I's 2nd Wedding Anniversary. It's hard to believe we've already been married that long. Not to be too cliche but it really does feel like it was just yesterday that I was counting down the days til our wedding...crazy!

What's even crazier is that we have survived these last two years since we have been totally dependent on my cooking abilities. I must admit I didn't quite pass with flying colors in the cooking department but I didn't do so bad. I give myself an A-.  I did have my moments though. I only almost caught the kitchen on fire once while cooking some chicken. Me, well I'm a survivor. The chicken, well he was not as fortunate.

This year for our anniversary John and I decided to get each other camo coveralls. (Yeah you heard me right) And I have agreed to wear them when we go hunting.  I must have been in an exceptionally good mood that day when I agreed to this. We will have to see how that goes. Pictures to come later.

So there is this blanket I've been amateurishly crocheting for John over the past...4 Years! And this year for some reason I got really motivated to finish it so I wanted to give it to him for our anniversary because he has been anticipating this awesome blanket for quite some time now. So I started to fold it all up so I could wrap it for him and something strange was happening...for some odd reason the corners wouldn't match up, so I laid it out and here is what I saw...


...and no the side is not slanted because the camera angle. When I was crocheting I was apparently either making each row longer or smaller. So now the intended-to-be square blanket is a pyramid shape...awesome! It only took me 4 years to make that pyramid blanket...quite the accomplishment!

It was overall a great anniversary. Hopefully next year we can go somewhere since John will be out of school.

Happy 2nd Anniversary John! I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet and cute post. I liked it. Thanks for sharing. Belated Happy Anniversary.

    Take the Happiness Together test and find out a number of helpful insights about happiness in relationship with your partner. It helps you discover just how happy you and your partner are in your relationship.

    ReplyDelete