Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Oh deer!

I know what you are thinking! "Enough with the Deer/Hunting posts already!" I promise I'll quit soon...or at least until next deer season.

Anyways, my recent experience of deer hunting has left me thinking about deer. (Just to clarify...deer in a "make a piece of artwork where deer is the subject matter kind of way" not the "bestiality kind of way." Moving right along...)

So I was looking at my "A*R*T" board on Pinterest for inspiration and came across this fantastic drawing (well it was actually a tattoo) of this very geometric wolf by David Hale. I've never heard of him before but he does really awesome tattoos and artwork. You can check out his website here. His drawings/tattoos inspired me to do a drawing of a deer in a similar way. So here's the inspiration and what I came up with. Enjoy!

Inspiration from David Hale


In Honor of not killing a deer...I drew one!

1 comment: