Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mystery Box

Seeing a box sitting on my porch was a fantastic surprise when I got home yesterday! I don't know about y'all but I love getting boxes in the mail. I get super excited and turn into a 5 year old when I see a box on the porch, even when I know what's inside because I ordered it!! But yesterday I got an unexpected gift in the mail from John's aunt and uncle in Alabama, Mark and Daney! (Shout out to Mark and Dana Griffin - Y'all are the Best!!) A Mystery Box! Those don't come my way too often so you know my Giddy-level was rocketing!

Now I know that I promised in my last post that I would not talk about hunting again for a while.

Well...I lied. But only because my awesome gift has something to do with hunting. So when I opened this mystery box here's what was inside...



That's right! My very own camo binoculars! Be jealous (John was...and he even was talking about how he was going to borrow them for next time he goes hunting...All I gotta say is "Good luck findin' 'em Johnny Boy")! :) Let's just say these things are awesome and work really well! So don't tell our neighbors I was breaking them in by spying on their houses. We'll just say it was part of the "Neighborhood Watch Program." Anyways, the best part of this gift was the card that Daney made. It had my rifle picture on the front and inside was this fantastic poem she wrote. She is so talented when it comes to writing poems, so I'm honored to be a part of the handful of people she has written one for. Here it is...Enjoy!


Happy Hunting
by Dana Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment