Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Did all that really just happen?

Ok WOW! It has been a really long time since my last post! Even after I promised myself this would never happen again, but I do feel I kind of have an excuse as to why it's been so long. So here's a full update on all that's happened in the last 3.5 months...


First in January, John was offered an Environmental Safety Manager position for a company out of Big Spring, Texas. Not exactly what I had in mind when I said I wanted to move but you do what you gotta do. So we began to search the West Texas dessert for a place to live. Since the oil field is booming right now, there weren't many choices in Big Spring and the ones that were available were completely out of our price range for renting. But we were fortunate to find a nice little place in the the big city of Colorado City, Texas. Where is that you ask? My thoughts exactly!!! In the middle of nowhere! The only reason I knew about this town was because my friend Christie lives here. So we began renting a place in Colorado City, Tx beginning in February.

February is when the choas began. My last day of working was February 17 and then on the 18th we began the process of moving and of course the only rain in February came on the 18th. What fun that was and thank goodness Abilene is only an hour away because we took a lot of trips moving all of our stuff. You never realize how much stuff you have until you have to move it. If we move again someday, I'm thinking that selling everything and starting over is sounding pretty good.

In March we went back and forth about either selling our house in Abilene or leasing it. We finally decided to lease it but that wouldn't begin until May. So for the past several months we have been paying bills and everything for two places. It's been crazy but we are excited about being landlords. (We'll see....) March also brought with it my 25th birthday. 25!!!! I'm too young to be 25! That's half way to 50! But it is what it is and I will always have John to make me feel young. (Since he is really close to 30).

Most of April was spent making numerous trips to Abilene to get our house ready for the renters. All the things I wanted to do to my house were finally being done and it made me sad. But despite all that, during this month I decided staying home was not that exciting, nice but kind of boring so I decided to get my teaching certification online to teach High School Art. So that is my current pursuit but we will see how that works out for me...

It's been a crazy past several months for us and I know that this isn't the most exciting blog post but at least you know what's been going on thus far. Hopefully, I will keep up the blogging now and there will be more exciting blogs in the future.

There is one thing I've been wanting to blog for a while now and it kind of makes no since to blog it but I'm going to do it anyway. I've been meaning to blog the before and after pics of our house in Abilene. I know we don't live there anymore but it was our first home and were proud of what we accomplished during the 2 years we lived there. So stay tuned for that...


1 comment:

  1. I remember the rain... and how I wasn't there... good friend, right here. Love you and miss you both!!

    ReplyDelete