Friday, May 18, 2012

ACU Graduation(s), Doctor Appointments, Observation Hours


ACU GRADUATION(S)


Last Saturday we ventured to Abilene once again for a weekend of events. We went to not one but both graduation ceremonies for ACU. Talk about exciting! My cousin Katie graduated in the morning and my cousin Michael in the afternoon! By the second ceremony, John and I were not only confident we could do sign language but sign the entire motivational speech given by one of the professors. We pretty much had that memorized too, which ended like this..."...so go out and die!" Yep, that's how his speech ended, both times! There you go new college grads, now you know your purpose in life. Anyways, it made for a long day but I'm so proud of my cousins!


There was one thing that made the graduations a little better...

You also have to understand that my family is pretty crazy and we always seem to attract attention to ourselves in some way! When we were congregating outside after graduation #2. I kept smelling dog poo but we couldn't figure out where it was coming from so we all migrated to another spot outside and yet the smell was still there. We were all checking our shoes but there was no evidence of the monstrosity. Then my aunt was like, "What is on my shoe?" And in an instant the herd of us scattered like cockroaches screaming "Ew!" Needless to say every eye was on our wonderful family! Never a dull moment with the fam!




DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS


My precious husband is falling apart.

Thankfully he has me to remind him that he hasn't even reached 30 yet.

The poor guy has to have his wisdom teeth removed, then he found out his pinky toe is crooked so it rubs the other toe causing it to callous, so he needs surgery on his toe to permanently fix the problem. He also had a lump develop on his chest a couple of weeks ago, which we were extremely worried about but it turns out it is just an enlarged gland, nothing serious, thank goodness! But the poor guy spent all last week in the doctors office. We are blessed that these doctor visits aren't because of anything serious and thankful for that.



OBSERVATION HOURS

So for my teacher certification I am required to have 30 hours of observation which can be fulfilled by either actual classroom observation or watch 60 videos and write reflections for each one. The latter sounds horrifying if you ask me but I was going to do what I had to for credit. My friend Christie Andrews, who has an awesome blog which you should check out, is an art teacher at the high school here in C-City. So she let me come observe in her classroom this week. Thank goodness! 60 videos and reflections, really? But anyways, I had fun observing her 4 art classes, 2 electronic media classes, and 1 photography class. The kids are absolutely hilarious. I'm sure it gets old after a while, but to me some of the stuff they would say or just blurt out would be pretty funny. In her art classes the students were making Art History Kites. Each group of 3 or 4 students had to construct a kite out of dowel rods and paper and then they would pick an artist and paint one of the artists' pieces on their kite. When their kites were complete they had to try and fly them. They really turned out great and the kids did a great job on them. I'm so glad I could observe in an actual classroom because I have completely forgotten what it is like to be in school.




No comments:

Post a Comment