Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pinterest Project #1 = Painted Curtains

So as I mentioned in my first post...I'm kind of AM addicted to Pinterest. There is just something about scrolling through all those wonderful images that is so hypnotizing.  So besides the fact that I have spent countless hours doing just that, I must admit I'm pretty proud of myself for actually doing a project I found there. I saw these beautiful curtains that had big horizontal stripes on them and fell in love. Then I read the caption, {Paint stripes on white curtains} So my immediate reactions were, "Why didn't I think of that!?!"(which is the usual response to things I find on Pinterest), "I need those in my life!" and "Where should I put them so I look at them and love them everyday?"

Well we have been using a sofa table, which I inherited from my grandmother, as our entertainment center, which was working out great other than you could see all the cords and cable boxes underneath which was driving me insane. So I just wanted to get rid of it and get something with doors or drawers or something more closed...until i saw those painted curtains and a light bulb came on. I decided to paint the wood dark brown and then add curtains to hide the mess underneath.

I bought an off-white curtain with a canvas texture and painted blue horizontal stripes on them. The paint was left over from one of the walls we painted in our living room so it matched perfectly. All I had to buy for this project was the curtain, a wooden rod and 2 eye-hole screw things (don't know what they are call). Those last two item were so I could assemble a curtain rod on the inside so that we could still easily access our cords and everything. The side curtain panels just got a hot glue gun taken to them.  So here is how it all turned out... (unfortunately I don't have any before pictures of my sofa table, I'll work on that for my next projects)

Pinterest Painted Curtains- click here to Pin
 
My Painted Curtains - (sorry the pictures aren't very good, I had to use my phone)


 Here's the line-up for my future Pinterest Projects:

1. Yarn Letter
2. DIY Milk Vases
3. Something with a Wooden Pallet, just don't know what that is yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment