Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor Day Weekend Happenings

We had an eventful Labor Day Weekend. We started it off on Saturday when John went to Dallas for the...


The game was at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium so he was so excited! I KNOW he was excited because he planned his outfit for 2 days before he went. That never happens EVER! He went with one of our friends, Marshall, who is also a big Alabama fan. He had a blast and I'm so glad he got to experience that!

Poor girl on the screen, John captured the picture at a bad moment for her.


Sunday we headed to Copperas Cove to visit our friends, Caleb and Marissa Northrup. They are expecting their first child in January so we went to help them get their nursery ready. Marissa and I painted big navy striped on one of the walls. Their walls are really textured so I found this blog that had how to paint stripes on textured walls. And amazingly it worked! You can check it out here. Marissa's walls are super textured too so we were a little nervous it wouldn't work but we got nice crisp lines with only a few spots to touch up where someone (uh-hmm, Marissa) got a little carried away with the roller and went over the tape. :) I was impressed and will definitely use that technique from now on. I'm pretty sure when we were done we stood there for a really long time and said "This is so cute" I don't know how many times! It really does look so cute! Check it out...

Then we were feeling so crafty that there was this pallet wood that one of Marissa's neighbors had put out on the curb so it was clearly trash (we hope) so we walked down the street and took some of it. We then put 4 of the boards together, painted them red, distressed them a little and painted her baby's name, Ace, on it. It was a fun, easy project that added so much to the nursery. I can't wait to see the nursery all finished. It's going to be so cute!

Then, Caleb wanted a Texas Ranger 'T' painted in the playroom so we got to work on that using the same technique as the stripes. We taped off all the straight edges and free handed the curved edges. We painted the T white on top of a dark grey wall. 

John and Caleb stained an old dresser they had to match the crib and it turned out awesome! It looked so good and they did such a good job! I wish I had a picture of it but I don't.

We had so much fun spending time with the Northrups! I'm so glad we could spend this time with them as they prepare for their new addition to their family. John and I can't wait to meet Ace!


So we finally decided that Sage should be spayed. John really wanted her to have puppies but it never worked out that it was a good time to mess with that. Since she is almost 3 we decided to go ahead and do it before she gets too old. So she spent the weekend having surgery and being boarded while we were gone. When I went to pick her up, I forgot she would have to wear a cone on her head which is really dangerous when those things are put on big dogs let me tell you. I've been jabbed many times in the leg already with that thing! When I picked her up on Tuesday she just looked so pitiful and getting her into the back of my car was quite the challenge since the cone kept getting stuck. She looked so sad I couldn't resist taking her picture. Her not so happy weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment